SEU Closes Out Season With Loss to Warriors
April 12, 2012
Senior, Chelsey Lynn, Grabs SEU's Lone Victory
BABSON PARK, Fla.--The Southeastern Lady Fire tennis team wrapped up their 2012 season, with a loss to Webber International University, 8-1. It was the second meeting of the season between the two Polk County rivals, as the Lady Warriors swept the season series. Webber defeated Southeastern by the same score back on February 22nd, in Lakeland.
Competing in her final match of her Southeastern career, senior Chelsey Lynn picked up SEU's lone point in a remarkable defeat of Nathalia Chaddad. Playing in the No. 1 singles position, Lynn dominated Chaddad in straight sets, winning 6-4, 6-0. Chaddad had previously defeated Lynn in straight sets in their prior meeting back in February.
Lynn did lose in her doubles match starting off the day, as she teamed up with Wendy Reade as the pair fell 8-3 to Laura Nowak and Juleja Stojkovska. Doubles pairings of Kristina Wisor and Stephanie Dodd, along with Heather Ericksen and Raimey Carlton, all lost their doubles' matches, 8-1.
Ericksen, however, played in the match of the day, losing in the No. 6 singles position to Holly Pernell in a tie-breaking match, 3-6, 6-4, 10-4.
All other Lady Fire players lost in straight sets.
Southeastern ends their season with a 3-12 overall record.
Webber International 8, Southeastern 1
1. Chelsey Lynn (SEU) def Nathalia Chaddad (W); 6-4, 6-0
2. Laura Nowak (W) def Kristina Wisor (SEU); 6-1, 6-1
3. Juleja Stojkovska (W) def Wendy Reade (SEU); 6-0, 6-1
4. Lehua Tomb (W) def Stephanie Dodd (SEU); 6-2, 6-1
5. Jeanette Hicks (W) def Lexus Potts (SEU); 6-1, 6-0
6. Holly Pernell (W) def Heather Ericksen (SEU); 3-6, 6-4, 10-4
1. Nowak/Stojkovska (W) def Lynn/Reade (SEU); 8-3
2. Chaddad/Tomb (W) def Wisor/Dodd (SEU); 8-1
3. Hicks/Pernell (W) def Ericksen/Raimey Carlton (SEU); 8-1