No. 25 Davenport Solves Lady Fire
February 28, 2012
SEU Loses Fifth Straight Match
KISSIMMEE--The Southeastern women's tennis team lost their fifth straight match, Tuesday evening, this time to No. 25 Davenport University, 9-0. Davenport took little time in extinguishing the Lady Fire in a match that was played at the Star Island Resort.
After sweeping the doubles, it appeared as though Davenport might make short work of the Fire in singles as well. However, SEU senior Chelsey Lynn, found her game after losing her first set 6-0, and won the second set 6-4, forcing a third set match-breaker to decide the victor. In the match-breaker, Lynn fell behind 4-8, but rallied to make the score 7-9, before losing 7-10 in No. 1 singles action.
Three SEU players lost their matches 6-0, 6-0, while Stephanie Dodd and Heather Ericksen both managed to win a game in their respective matches, falling 6-1, 6-1.
Four out of the SEU's six losses this season have come to a NAIA Top 25 opponent, as Southeastern is now 2-6 on the year. SEU will host Aquinas College, next Wednesday, at Woodlake Park.
No. 25 Davenport University 9, Southeastern 0
1. Favela/Favela (D) def. Lynn/Reade (SEU); 8-0
2. Fortney/Woods (D) def. Wisor/Dodd (SEU); 8-3
3. Kelly Todd/Kuzdal (D) def. Ericksen/Raimey Carlton (SEU); 8-0
1. Diana Favela (D) def. Chelsey Lynn (SEU); 6-0, 4-6, 10-7
2. Denisse Favela (D) def. Kristina Wisor (SEU); 6-0, 6-1
3. Stevie Fortney (D) def. Wendy Reade (SEU); 6-0, 6-0
4. Kristi Kuzdal (D) def. Stephanie Dodd (SEU); 6-1, 6-1
5. Angelica Woods (D) def. Lexus Potts (SEU); 6-0, 6-0
6. Katie VanDerLaan (D) def. Heather Ericksen (SEU); 6-1, 6-1